Friday, February 24, 2006

Flag interpretation

Each thought is tangential to the one(s) formed previous to it.



----------2:04am

I turn on my 3 lanterns.

I look at my 3 lanterns.

I look at my 3 lanterns.

I see their collective and individual - respective and unrespective- blueness, greeness and off-whiteness.

I notice that the colors coexist very peacefully with one another.

(current thought about previous thought: these 3 colors coexist peacefully in my mind and not neccesarily hers, his or yours; for, color is representative of different feelings, emotions and symbolic representations in different individuals.)

(current thought about "current thought about previous thought:" And beyond that, color is really just our perception of light existing at various wavelengths; the perception of redness for one may be quite different than the perception of redness of another person. Blantant example: color blindness. More Subtle idea: each person perceives and defines their property of redness slightly differently.)

I begin to envision what these colors would look like on a flag.

I realize that no country, to my knowledge, has only the colors blue, green and white.

Upon analyzing a sample of the flags of various nations, I come to believe that the colors blue and green are secondary colors to the more bold, powerful colors of red, black, orange.

It seems to me that it is worth exploring the possibility that, since I viewed these colors to be peaceful in conjunction with one another, these colors represent peace to extensively large amounts of people.

Hence, I assume that the more bold color must be present in a flag to convey that country's strength, virility and ability to defend itself. The peaceful secondary color can balance-out the more bold message with its peaceful side.

I realize that flags can be interesting, and may very well be already, to look at analytically to reflect on the ideals or intended ideals of the forefathers of that nation.
(afterthought: forepeople, to be PC!)

Flag interpretation!

Somewhat of a Freudian psychoanalytic idea to get into the psychies of the
forepeople(!) of various nations and see what kind of a country they intended to achieve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home